Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Greetings from Cat Ba island

Jealous?





After several hectic days in Hanoi, ducking and weaving throughout the bikes and headless rabbits, sailing the amazing Halong Bay to the idyllic Cat Ba island is a welcomed respite.

Our journey yesterday was somewhat hectic as things in Vietnam are not always quite done by the rule... Promises of a smooth journey by Edward scissorhands-like travel agents (he had finger nails longer than mine which he kept gesturing about and distracting me, so I didn't listen to a thing he said) weren't as true as we'd believe.
Lots of confusion and sitting around waiting, chatting with equally confused fellow tourists, comparing itineraries and fending off eager street hawkers. But we got here eventually and it was worth it!






The floating village as visited by the top gear crew - a clear high light for me!

Today we hired bikes for $3 and felt like children as we rode to Cat Ba Co 3, the beach as pictured at the top. I write this as I sit drinking my coke light and enjoy the beautiful surrounds...

1 comment:

  1. Love the stories. Be careful bike riding. Be sure to wear your colander ! love, mum

    ReplyDelete