Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Amsterdam - total rubbish

So when i first arrived, the streets were covered in litter, public bins overflowed and bags of rubbish piled up on every street corner.

In my jet laggedly state, my initial impression was, maybe this is just European? But I don't remember Italy looking quite so trashed and they seem to be more retarded in that regard.





This is a refined photo btw, the streets looked far more garbage tip-like than this (think sarah's - I think that's her name - nightmare in "the labrynth" when she thinks shes in her bed room but it turns into a rubbish dump and theres a crazy muppet bag lady, much like that one who used to inhabit hurstville, going through all her things...)
I thought, these Dutch people are doing their bit riding bikes everywhere yet they can't control their shit? I was scoffing it up big time. And a side note, the Dutch really rock the art of bike riding.... I've seen dudes hanging off a bike, text messaging and checking out chicks simultaneously, not to mention ladies in killer heals, balancing handbags and children on the handles. Impressive. Sans helmet.

Anywho, turns out there's just been a garbage collecting strike for 2 weeks. It's over now APPARENTLY but they've neglected to collect all the bogan Aussies I seem to have encountered. There's more to this city than weed you know. Like eastern europes finest working women.

And riddle me this Dutch people, I get Bob Marley (not really though because I'll never "get" reggae) but how are aliens aligned with smoking marijuana? If not sporting the jamaican flag, every second coffee shop has this retarded, emaciated alien looking thing with a doobie hanging out of it's mouth. This does not entice me, this says "get high and make sure you protect all your orrofices".

Location:Leidsekade,Amsterdam,The Netherlands

3 comments:

  1. Haha, poor Cec. But the alien thing might be a little memory from European's techno times, it was like mascot and everywhere, along with the stupid goggles, those glowing sticks and neon clothes. Oh how you'd enjoy the Loveparade, it's like our finest pile of trash along with bad music and clothes that are worse than the music itself.

    Great, now I get the message "could not be verified", pfff. You can call me Al.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a dutch friend that i made in ireland was a bit shocked that ireland was so hilly. she had rented a bike and planned to ride everywhere. they thought she was a bit nuts when she wanted to go to this mountain passage. i gave her a lift in my rented car instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! I can imagine Ann, the Dutch I knew in sydney attempted our roads with much the same guile - you couldn't pay me to ride a bike in Sydney peak hour traffic!! One thing drivers hate more than other drivers - bike riders!!

    ReplyDelete