Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reykjavik plus more visual mediocrity from Iceland

It is a complete contradiction in terms to put "visual mediocrity" and Iceland in the one statement but the photos I post here are only from my not-great phone camera and don't do any justice. Just wait for my mediocre slide night!

(aside: we should bring back the carousel slide projector, they remind me of primary school and some one would fuck up the slide order in the middle of the year six end of year presentation, so there'd be a funny slide of kids mucking around in the giant garbage bin in the midst of the montage tribute to the kid who died of tuberculosis or something).

There's so much I could write about Iceland. All i will say is that its a thoroughly interesting, stunning and unique country,I liked the people I met and Reykjavik easily became one of my favourite cities. I really hope to return one day.

A volcanic crater, only 6000 years old, so young really:

All horses in Iceland are directly descent from the same horses the Vikings brought with them in 930AD.

Geysir of 100C heat, Strokka*:

I have mediocrity rage here as this photo does not show the unbelievable scale of this incredible waterfall, Gullfoss*. And this is a "small" one:

This photo shows the perspective a little better, in bottom left you can see a path with tiny people on it:

Iceland National park, Thingvellir*, and again photo mediocrity rage ensues:

I saw an exhiout on beards and shaving bahaha:


An amazing sculpture, Sun Voyager*:


The Blue Lagoon, highlight of my adventure and no Brooke Shields. Bonus.



*English spellings, probably wrong at that.

Location:Njarðargata,Reykjavík,Iceland

2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy to read that you liked iceland so much. i've seen it in films and the landscape just looks so amazing; i'd LOVE to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its definitely different from any places i've been before.... i think you (like me!) would find it super inspirational for your work..

    ReplyDelete