Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mon frère mariage

Brother J and Miss B on their wedding day, June 19, 2010 in Rueil-Malmaison. It was a fantastic day, I had a wonderful (and surreal) time with my family, extended family, B's family and friends.



First, the official ceremony at the Town Hall. B is overjoyed to now be officially related to moi.



Then the church service soon after (France divides church and state, church weddings are not legally recognised.) This church is also where Josephine Bonaparte, wife of Napoleon, is buried as Rueil-Malmaison was her home.



Brother J has done pretty well for himself!



Then the reception at Chateau Tromble (I think that's how it's written, I called it Trombone). I think it's haunted... well that's what I told people anyway.



This place was huge, as it also had a golf course and it's own Ikea. A totally amazing location for a reception! Look at the grounds! The reception also included a murder mystery and a game of crocquet.

No, not really.



The table settings were stunning and way too fancy for a pleb like me... I die!



*I am only uploading a few "hipstamatic" photos from the wedding as I have a special project planned for the rest! B, you will just have to wait til then to see them all!

1 comment:

  1. Raaaah! it is so cruel to make me wait, the French are not known for their patience ! I might go on strike in protest. B

    ReplyDelete