Saturday, June 5, 2010

Visual mediocrity: Czech this out + Polish bonus hour

After an interesting evening spent in the border town of Szczecin (or as I like to call it, village of misfit toys and broken dreams), we took a sleeper train across Poland to Krakow:



(Cake is so excited to sleep on a train, meanwhile this was nothing new for me as I used to sleep on the train most mornings on my way to school.)

Rynek Glowny & around...










Sculptural tribute to Chopin




















Pretty Prague....



















St. Vitus church, featuring stunning stained glass, including a window by Alfonse Mucha...

Cross the bridge from the old town, climb up the steep hill and get the best view in Prague:



















I have been tempted to buy ridulous things here, like this Autoharp or a skull from a minature deer with antlers... Alas my pack is already too heavy....









Location:most Edvarda Beneše,,Czech Republic

3 comments:

  1. Where did she get that hat, where did she get that hat ?
    Mucha, I'm soooo jealous. Must see, must see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS.those dolls look just like you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. PETRIN HILL!!
    YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID ON THAT HILL.

    ReplyDelete