Saturday, July 3, 2010

I remember when Brittany was just a pop star...

I spent a lovely week frolicking along the shores of Brittany, (on the north west coast of France)... well more like running along the shores - running AWAY from the giant killer stalking seagulls they have here, seagulls that have NO fear and could possibly carry away a small child.

My first night I was awoken by what I thought was screaming only to find it was seagulls fighting outside the window. I witnessed an army of seagulls systematically disemble and proceed to anhilate an unattended picnic lunch on the beach. I dared not interfere with their wrongdoings for I feared they might peck my eyes out. Plus it was just funnier to watch and laugh from afar.

No wonder they have a statue in tribute of Alfred Hitchcock on the beach in Dinard, for he too saw the true evil in these beasts illustrated in his classic film, "The Birds"








Don't be fooled by the serenity, this beach is Seagull HQ. People use those blue and white tents as protective housing units.

No seagulls at the markets, thankfully. Mmm look at all those yummy olives:



This is the medieval village Dinan, by a river, not so much the sea:






I'm high up on a bell tower looking over Dinan, obviously happy and relieved to be far away from those perilous seagulls:



4 comments:

  1. There's this awesome gif of a seagull walking into a supermarket, taking chips and running away with it. I have seagulls in front of my window and there's not even water near...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are yours as big as cats??? I've never seen seagulls so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I burst out laughing at this.. too early on monday morning hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the seagulls are pretty big, never thought that was considered huge. I'd still prefer a kookaburra in the morning in front of my window, ah, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete