Sunday, July 25, 2010

Museo de Caza - Help me Ronda




I didn't initially intend to visit but on a Sunday afternoon where there's not alot open or much else to do (plus the low price of €1.50), I took a trip to the Museo de Caza.

From what I could work out (the spainiards aren't big on english subtitles), this home now partially houses the hunting/taxidermied collection belonging to one family, while they lived upstairs (that's 2 floors below I would not like to stumble around in the dark). They also featured many happy snaps of the family in their hunting adventures with their trophies from the room.


Most of the taxidermy was the typical deer/elk/moose variety but there was also a few lions, several big cats of various varieties, bears, wild boars, birds and elephant feet.


I sort of debated this whole concept in my head of even patronizing such a museum as I'm so adamently against hunting animals for sport and I refuse to witness a bullfight whilst I'm here because frankly I don't think I could handle it. But I decided it's ultimately my curiosity of viewing once-live animals far more closely than I ever could in life.



The moose and bison heads were huge!!!


I have no idea what this is. A monkey crossed with several deer? A moer? A deerkey? A donkey?


This was in the basement. This scared me. I quickly left.


The view from the backyard, the Sierra Nevada mountain range.



3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the pics from Spain. Thanks for the one of the library - must collect a copy later.
    I'm wondering about this obsession with things taxidermied .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad pics c. I told troy I do NOT want Lenore taxidermied. Too weird and I'll want to pat her all the time and then I'll definately be the crazy cat lady when I try to feed her. Baha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm pretty sure i'd have bad dreams...

    ReplyDelete