Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Barcelona markets - 2 different views

Oh boy, it was a Catholic treat at these flea markets in Plaza St Jaume, Barcelona. All that was missing was a black Jesus. If only I was rich with a big suitcase, I would've bought so many bits and pieces for my wall of tackiness*. Grainy hipster photos will have to suffice.



Serious church pillaging has gone on in Spain:











Home made Saint relic, anyone?


Look at all these awesome looking cameras lined up:


Love me some creepy dollies:


On the other side of the coin, and the gothic quarter lies the pet markets on La Ramblas:


Tiny turtles.... Not legal in oz. Or surely Danye West would be breeding these.


I think this is a bandicoot. Or some sort of south American rat.



Something small, fury and stripey. Probably bites.


Ferrets, cheaper cousin of the mink. I saw a guy taking one for a walk past my house once, it was surreal.

*currently in storage

No comments:

Post a Comment