Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Free Derry

So I went to northern Ireland with an interest to learn more about the political issues. Admittedly, I knew little more than the Catholics vs Protestants thing. I was pretty green about it all. Bad unintended joke, am turning into Crudd.

Spent the day in Derry, place of the infamous Bloody Sunday murders. There were bombings in this town just last week and still frequent fighting, vandalism and agression between the two sides - those who align with the british and those who consider themselves Irish.


I am told they don't appreciate Bono or their song in Derry. They said U2 have never been there nor has Bono ever done anything towards the cause of bringing the Brits to justice.

It's heavy stuff. But to lighten the mood, I saw some dumb, drunk Aussie chicks kiss this pigs head in a pub in Derry:



Idiots.

Location:Castle Pl,Belfast,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment