Saturday, August 14, 2010

Majorelle Jardins

Firstly - Marrakech is amazing, my most favourite place in Morocco, I'm a little sad to be leaving here tomorrow after only 3 days.

This morning I took a walk to Majorelle Jardins, a large garden and home designed and established by frenchman Jacques Majorelle. It was left to ruin, then saved by Yves Sant Laurent and his partner Pierre Bergé who established a fund to maintain the gardens and now YSL's ashes were scattered here after he died in 2008.



The gardens are a tranquil and cool respite from the heat of Marrakech, composed mostly of sub tropical succulents and palms.









To my pure childish delight, I discovered turtles and frogs swimming in the pond... I get easily excitable seeing turtles so closely!


There's a frog in there somewhere:





I really dig the cactus. Sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment