Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Saatchi Gallery, London




The last time I was in London, this gallery was under renovation so I was keen to get myself there this time, having read and heard so much about the pivotal influence Charles saatchi has had on British art since the early 90s and the infamous YBAs.

The Saatchi gallery did not disapoint! I loved it and I love what they are currently doing for (newer) young British artists, and transplants now living in London, promoting and supporting emerging talent as well as exhibiting established artists. The work was fresh and exciting and got me motivated to get back into my own practice when I return home (next week, sadness).








I loved the work of this painter, Pheobe Unwin:











And this work was phenominal, this is a huge tank filled with oil, filling the entire space:








And props to Cher:



No comments:

Post a Comment